On 11th August, 2020, the Immigration South Australia website has reported that the there had been a limited number of interim allocation places for the State’s General Skilled and Business Migration program for 2020/21 (i.e. Subclass 190, 491, 188 visas). Please note this is “interim” allocation only as the official full nomination allocation for 2020/21 is expected to be released later this year (as part of the 2020/21 Budget process).
The Department of Home Affairs has given directions on prioritization of these allocations based on the following guidelines:
- High quality applications within the Business Innovation and Investment Program, with those who have already lodged an ‘Intention to Apply’ given priority consideration.
- Applicants critical to supporting South Australia’s response to the COVID19 pandemic, including individuals providing critical or specialist medical services, critical skills required to maintain the supply of essential goods and services; or delivering services in sectors critical to Australia’s economic recovery.
- Early consideration to onshore applicants that satisfy the above criteria.
Source: Immigration South Australia
Check out our latest updates
- State Nomination for 188 & 132 visa re-open for Victoria
- Subclass 188 visa holders added to the inbound travel exemption
- Announcement of new Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL)
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 11 August 2020
- Occupation Ceiling – A Comparison
- Visa Processing Times Update – August 2020