Tasmania will open their 2021-022 Skilled Migration Program on 12:00pm Wednesday 4 August 2021. For the new migration year, Tasmania has been allocated nomination quota as follows:
- Subclass 491 – 2,200 places
- Subclass 190 – 1,100 places
There are some minor changes to the Tasmania nomination requirements. You can find out more on their website here.
To find out the current status of each State’s Skilled Migration Program, please visit our webpage here.
Migration Tasmania’s nomination priorities are:
The Tasmanian State Nomination Skilled Migration Program supports Tasmanian businesses and increases the state’s working-age population. It does this by attracting and retaining migrants with skills genuinely in need by employers, or with the capacity to settle in Tasmania through skilled employment in the long-term, and business activities that will increase employment opportunities for locals.
- Candidates with an employment and a skills assessment related to critical roles* (generally health, allied health, infrastructure engineering).
- Candidates with an employment and skills assessment related to the Tasmanian Skilled Occupation List.
- Candidates in other skilled employment (ANZSCO Skill Level 1-3) with a related skills assessment.
- New business owners providing substantial employment opportunities for local Australian citizens, permanent residents or provisional visa holders.
- All other eligible candidates with skills or training relevant to the needs of Tasmania and who are able to make a genuine contribution to Tasmania through skilled employment.
Applications are being considered according to these priorities, with those in critical roles nominated first.
Source: Migration Tasmania website