The NSW Business and Investor (subclass 188) visa State nomination will open on 20 September 2021.
At the same time, NSW has updated their State nomination requirements. Please ensure to read them carefully, and enquire with us about these new requirements.
The Department of Home Affairs publishes the requirements for the visa eligibility of the 188 visas which the visa applicant must meet. In addition each State and Territory may have additional requirements to fulfill for their nomination.
Below are some of the highlights of these requirements for your reference. Be sure to review the Departments complete list of requirements.
|188A||* Age – under 50 years|
* Qualification – a bachelor’s degree OR in the last 10 years have at least 3 or 5 years business experience in NSW target sector or non-target sector respectively
* Personal and business assets – AUD1,750,000 for Sydney, AUD1,250,000 for Regional NSW
* Business turnover – AUD1,250,000 for Sydney, AUD750,000 for Regional NSW
* Business investment in Australia – AUD500,000 for Sydney, AUD300,000 for Regional NSW
|188B||* Age – under 50 years|
* Qualification – a bachelor’s degree OR in the last 10 years have at least 5 years successful investment history or 3 years work experience in NSW target sector, or 5 years work experience in non-target sector
* Investing in NSW – investment in complying investments will make a contribution to the NSW economy
|188C||* Investing in NSW – investment in complying investments will make a contribution to the NSW economy|
|188E||* Entrepreneur program – must be accepted by a NSW Startup Accelerator Program or Startup Incubator Program. These include (but not limited to):|
> Stone and Chalk
> The Studio
> Cicada Innovations
> Future Transport Digital Accelerator
> Microsoft ScaleUp Program
> Caltex C-lab
> Tank Stream Labs
> The Founder Institute
* Funding from a third party – Have adequate funding from an approved entity. These include:
> Commonwealth Government agency
> NSW government agency
> Publicly funded research or innovation organisation
> Higher education provider specified as a Table A or Table B provider under Part 2-1 of the Higher Education Support Act 2003, or
> Investor registered as an Australian Venture Capital Limited Partnership or Early Stage Venture Capital Limited Partnership