858 Main Eligibility
On 27 February 2021, the Distinguished Talent visa became the Global Talent visa.
From 20 January 2021, Masters and Bachelor with Honours graduates are no longer eligible for invitation to the Global Talent Independent program on the basis of their qualifications.
- Be less than 55 years old (exception applies)
- Has internationally recognized record of exceptional and outstanding achievements in one of these fields: a profession, a sport, the arts, and academia and research
- Is still prominent in the field
- Would be an asset to the Australian community
- Would have no difficulty in obtaining employment in Australia
- Be nominated by a person or an organization who has national reputation in this field.
- If your field is in one of these:
- Agri-food and AgTech;
- Health Industries;
- Defence, Advanced Manufacture and Space;
- Circular Economy;
- Infrastructure and Tourism;
- Financial Services and FinTech;
- And you are earning or is likely to earn a salary of at least AUD162,000, then you may be eligible for streamlined processing under the Global Talent Pathway.
858 Main Conditions
- For offshore applicants, first entry must be made before the date specified by the Minister
Did you know for 858?
- Global Talent Visa 858 is a permanent resident visa
- A person nominator must an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident who is usually resident in Australia, an eligible New Zealand citizen, or an Australian organization
|Stay||This is a permanent visa|
|Cost||AUD4,305 for primary applicant
AUD2,155 for additional applicant over 18 years
AUD1,080 for additional applicant under 18 years
|Processing Time||Global Talent Pathway
75% of applications: 71 days
90% of applications: 4 months
Distinguished Talent Pathway
75% of applications: 23 months
90% of applications: 27 months
You and your family members may be required to take a health examinations to meet the health requirement to show that you are free from any disease or condition that is:
- a significant healthcare and community service cost to the Australian community
- likely to limit the access of Australian citizens and permanent residents to healthcare and community services that are in short supply by placing demand on those services.
Your health examination will include the standard medical examination. Additional tests (such as TB Screen test, chest x-ray, and HIV test) will be required by different age groups. In some circumstances, you may be required to take additional tests such as: hepatitis B and C test, syphilis test, HIV test, and tests that address your specific health risks.
You must be of good character and pass the character test. There are a number of circumstances where you may not pass the character test. For example, if you have a substantial criminal record. A substantial criminal record means if you have been:
- sentenced to death or imprisonment for life
- sentenced to a term of imprisonment of 12 months or more
- sentenced to two or more terms of imprisonment (even if served concurrently) where the total is 12 months or more
- found by a court to not be fit to plead in relation to an offence but found to have committed the offence and detained in a facility or institution
You may be required to obtain one or more documents to prove your character, such as: a police certificate, Form 80, character statutory declaration, military certificate, or a letter of good conduct from an employer.
Central, Hong Kong
SEND US A MESSAGE
Check out our latest updates
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 6 October 2022Invitations Issued this month Visa SubclassNumberSkilled Independent visa (subclass 189)11,714Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored818 Invitation Process and Cut Offs Visa SubclassMinimum Points ScoreLatest Date of EffectSkilled Independent visa (subclass 189)6510/2022Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored)6510/2022 Occupations included in this month’s invitation round * Results could indicate […]
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 22 August 2022Invitations Issued this month Visa Subclass Number Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) 12,200 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored 466 Invitation Process and Cut Offs Visa Subclass Minimum Points Score Latest Date of Effect Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) 65 08/2022 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored) […]
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 21 April 2022Invitations Issued this month Visa Subclass Number Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) 1000 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored 500 Invitation Process and Cut Offs Visa Subclass Minimum Points Score Latest Date of Effect Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) 85 05/2020 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored) […]