This stream is closed from 1 July 2021.
Who is Premium Investor 188D visa suitable for?
Premium Investor 188D visa is suitable for high net-worth applicants. Apart from the investment requirement there is very little other requirements. There is no age limit and no residency requirement.
188D Main Eligibility
- Requires invitation to apply for the visa
- Invests AUD15,000,000 in complying premium investments and hold for 4 years
188D Main Conditions
- For offshore applicants, first entry must be made before the date specified by the Minister
Main Eligibility for Permanent Resident Visa
- Held 188 Premium Investor visa for at least 12 months
- Held the complying premium investment for the whole period
Did you know for 188D?
- For 188D Premium Investor visa, there is no age limit for this visa
- There is no residency requirement to be eligible for the Subclass 888 permanent visa
- Source of funds for your investments is important, and they must be unencumbered and lawfully acquired
188D Premium Investor Additional Information
|Stay||Up to 4 years and 3 months with pathway to Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa subclass 888 which is a permanent visa|
|Cost||AUD9,455 for primary applicant|
AUD4,725 for additional applicant over 18 years
AUD2,365 for additional applicant under 18 years
If applicant does not have at least Functional English, they are required to pay the second instalment charge as follows:
AUD9,795 for primary applicant
AUD4,890 for secondary applicant over 18
|Processing Time||75% of applications: Processing times are not available|
90% of applications: Processing times are not available
You and your family members may be required to take a health examinations to meet the health requirement to show that you are free from any disease or condition that is:
- a significant healthcare and community service cost to the Australian community
- likely to limit the access of Australian citizens and permanent residents to healthcare and community services that are in short supply by placing demand on those services.
Your health examination will include the standard medical examination. Additional tests (such as TB Screen test, chest x-ray, and HIV test) will be required by different age groups. In some circumstances, you may be required to take additional tests such as: hepatitis B and C test, syphilis test, HIV test, and tests that address your specific health risks.
You must be of good character and pass the character test. There are a number of circumstances where you may not pass the character test. For example, if you have a substantial criminal record. A substantial criminal record means if you have been:
- sentenced to death or imprisonment for life
- sentenced to a term of imprisonment of 12 months or more
- sentenced to two or more terms of imprisonment (even if served concurrently) where the total is 12 months or more
- found by a court to not be fit to plead in relation to an offence but found to have committed the offence and detained in a facility or institution
You may be required to obtain one or more documents to prove your character, such as: a police certificate, Form 80, character statutory declaration, military certificate, or a letter of good conduct from an employer.
9/F, BOC Group Life Assurance Tower, 134-136 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong (building entrance on Gilman Street)
SEND US A MESSAGE
Check out our latest updates
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 21 April 2022Invitations Issued this month Visa SubclassNumberSkilled Independent visa (subclass 189)1000Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored500 Invitation Process and Cut Offs Visa SubclassMinimum Points ScoreLatest Date of EffectSkilled Independent visa (subclass 189)8505/2020Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored)6501/2022 Occupations included in this month’s invitation round OccupationLowest Points Score Invited […]
- WA received additional nomination allocation for skill visasOn 25 March 2022, Western Australia has received an additional nomination allocation for the State Nominated Migration Program, from the Department of Home Affairs, for the remainder of the 2021-22 program year. The next invitation round is expected to be held in the first week of April 2022. It should be followed with invitations in May […]
- 485 Temporary Graduate visa extension and new replacement streamThe Department announced on 18 January 2022 new concessions available for COVID-19 affected temporary graduate visa holders. There will be visa extensions made available on 18 February 2022, and a new 485 replacement stream visa will be open to new application on 1 July 2022. Visa extensions for COVID-19 affected temporary graduate visa holders On […]