There are a number of important recent updates for Australia migration. Please click on the relevant links for further information and return to our website again for more migration updates.
The Hon Alex Hawke MP recent announcement
- He has published an article on 21 September 2021 talking about the recent report published by the Department of Home Affairs: the 2020-21 Migration Program Report. Here are some highlights from the report.
- The total permanent Migration Program outcome for 2020–21 was 160,052 places
- The breakdown for each of the streams within the Migration Program was as follows:
|Visa Stream||Places delivered|
Department of Home Affairs recent announcements
- Visa processing times was updated on 17 September 2021. You can find the current processing times on our webpage here.
- The quarterly Skilled visa newsletter was released on 30 September 2021.
Australia Capital Territory recent announcements
- The latest Canberra Matrix invitation round was released on 27 September 2021. Summary of the results are as follows. Please visit our webpage on 190 和 491 for more detail on the visa requirements.
|小企業主的 Matrix 提名||– 190 nominations: 0 invitations|
– 190 minimum Matrix score:
– 491 nominations: 0 invitations
– 491 minimum Matrix score:
|457/482 簽證持有人的 Matrix 提名||– 190 nomination: 0 invitations|
– 491 nomination: 0 invitations
|Matrix nominating Critical Skill Occupations:||– 190 nomination: 36 invitations|
– 190 minimum Matrix score: 100 (accountants 110)
– 491 nomination: 61 invitations
– 491 minimum Matrix score: 65 (accountants: 100)
- Here is a summary of the current nomination places statistics
|190 visa||491 visa|
|ACT Nomination Allocation||600||1400|
|Application Count at 1 September 2021||108 approvals|
- 188 visa nomination started on 20 September 2021. There are changes to the nomination requirements. You can find a summary of the changes on our recent post here.
- 491 visa new nomination requirements has been released. You can find the detail on their website here. In summary, there are now 3 nomination streams available:
- Stream 1 – I am living and working in Regional NSW
- Stream 2 – I have recently completed study in Regional NSW
- Stream 3 – I am skilled in an occupation required in Regional NSW
- The NSW International Student Arrivals Pilot Plan was announced on 24 September 2021. This will allow a limited number of 250 fully vaccinated international students studying with NSW education providers to return each fortnight from early December 2021.
- The 188E visa nomination has opened on 28 September 2021. You can find out more about the 188E South Australia nomination requirements here.
- South Australia has announced opening-up Skill visa nomination to offshore applicants on 28 September 2021. Applicants must have an occupation on their list of 70 occupations. You can find more about the announcement and the list of occupations on our webpage here.
- The 188B & 188C nomination starts on 14 September 2021 with new nomination requirements. You can find out more about this announcement on our webpage here.
- The first ROI selections for 190 nominations was released on 31 August 2021. You can find out more about this announcement on our webpage here.
Global Talent nomination
- Engineers Australia has announced they may now consider nominating candidates for Global Talent visas who have proved to be highly skilled engineering professionals. You can find out more about their requirements on their webpage here.
- Earlier, the Australian Computer Society (ACS) also announced they may consider nominating ICT professionals. You can find out more on their webpage here.
Remember, if you find these updates useful, please do share with your friends and visit us again regularly for more future updates.