Entrepreneur Stream (Subclass 188E)
Who is 188E Entrepreneur Visa suitable for?
188E Entrepreneur Visa is suitable for applicants who will invest into a business in Australia with an innovative product or service. To be eligible for 188E, the applicant will require to obtain endorsement from your nominating State for Territory government agency to develop your entrepreneurial concepts.
There are a few key benefits of 188E Entrepreneur Visa. Compared to 188A, the 188E visa does not require the applicant to have a track record of previous business ownership and management experience. Compared to 188B, the applicant does not require to have experience in managing an investment portfolio.
188E Main Eligibility
- Requires invitation to apply for the visa
- Be less than 55 years old (exemption applies)
- Has Competent English
- Undertaking, or proposing to undertake, a complying entrepreneur activity
- Obtain endorsement from your nominating State or Territory government agency
- Genuine intention to undertake, and continue to undertake, the complying entrepreneur activity in Australia
- Has sufficient business and personal assets to settle in Australia
188E Main Conditions
- For offshore applicants, first entry must be made before the date specified by the Minister
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with the nominating State or Territory
Main Eligibility for Permanent Resident Visa
- Be in Australia for at least 2 in the 3 years immediately before the application was made
- Has held 188E visa for at least 3 years
- Have a successful record of entrepreneurial activities
Did you know for 188E?
- The entrepreneur activity must relate to an innovative idea (an idea must lead to business development or commercialisation of a product or service in Australia)
188E Entrepreneur Additional Information
|Stay||Up to 5 years with pathway to Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa subclass 888 which is a permanent visa|
|Cost||AUD4,240 for primary applicant
AUD2,120 for additional applicant over 18 years
AUD1,060 for additional applicant under 18 years
|Processing Time||25% of applications: 79 days
50% of applications: 4 months
75% of applications: 8 months
90% of applications: 10 months
You and your family members may be required to take a health examinations to meet the health requirement to show that you are free from any disease or condition that is:
- a significant healthcare and community service cost to the Australian community
- likely to limit the access of Australian citizens and permanent residents to healthcare and community services that are in short supply by placing demand on those services.
Your health examination will include the standard medical examination. Additional tests (such as TB Screen test, chest x-ray, and HIV test) will be required by different age groups. In some circumstances, you may be required to take additional tests such as: hepatitis B and C test, syphilis test, HIV test, and tests that address your specific health risks.
You must be of good character and pass the character test. There are a number of circumstances where you may not pass the character test. For example, if you have a substantial criminal record. A substantial criminal record means if you have been:
- sentenced to death or imprisonment for life
- sentenced to a term of imprisonment of 12 months or more
- sentenced to two or more terms of imprisonment (even if served concurrently) where the total is 12 months or more
- found by a court to not be fit to plead in relation to an offence but found to have committed the offence and detained in a facility or institution
You may be required to obtain one or more documents to prove your character, such as: a police certificate, Form 80, character statutory declaration, military certificate, or a letter of good conduct from an employer.
Central, Hong Kong
Tel: +86 198 9653 6715 (China)
SEND US A MESSAGE
Check out our latest updates
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 6 October 2022Invitations Issued this month Visa SubclassNumberSkilled Independent visa (subclass 189)11,714Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored818 Invitation Process and Cut Offs Visa SubclassMinimum Points ScoreLatest Date of EffectSkilled Independent visa (subclass 189)6510/2022Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored)6510/2022 Occupations included in this month’s invitation round * Results could indicate […]
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 22 August 2022Invitations Issued this month Visa Subclass Number Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) 12,200 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored 466 Invitation Process and Cut Offs Visa Subclass Minimum Points Score Latest Date of Effect Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) 65 08/2022 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored) […]
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 21 April 2022Invitations Issued this month Visa Subclass Number Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) 1000 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored 500 Invitation Process and Cut Offs Visa Subclass Minimum Points Score Latest Date of Effect Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) 85 05/2020 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored) […]