For Australian Skilled Migration and Business Migration, it is a requirement to submit and Expression Of Interest (EOI) using the SkillSelect system, that is, you cannot apply for the visas directly. Instead, you must show your interest by submitting your EOI. SkillSelect is a three-stage process:
- You submit your details including qualifications, employment experience, English language ability and other information in your EOI
- You wait for invitation
- Once you receive an invitation, you can then make a visa application
Once you have successfully submitted your EOI, you then wait for invitation to apply for your visa. It is important you can get high points as this affects how long this wait will be. The method to calculate your points differ if you are applying for skill migration or business migration. But, both will give you points depending on different categories.
Categories for Skilled Migration
- English Language
- Skilled Employment Experience (overseas and Australia)
- Professional Year
- Education Qualifications
- Australian Study Requirement
- Specialist Education Qualification
- Credentialed Community Language
- Study in Regional Australia
- Partner Skills
- State / Territory Nomination
- Designated Area Sponsorship
Categories for Business & Investor
- English Language
- Educational Qualifications
- Financial Assets
- Business Turnover
- Business Experience (for Business Innovation Stream only)
- Investor Experience (for Investor Stream only)
- Business Innovation Qualifications
- Special Endorsement
Based on the information provided, SkillSelect will calculate how many points you have, and you must have at least 65 points to be able to successfully submit your EOI.
Your EOI data is kept in the system for 2 years, therefore, if you do not receive an invitation within this time, your record will be deleted. However, you can submit a new EOI. Luckily, submitting an EOI attracts no fees.
Once you do receive an invitation to apply for your visa, you have 60 days to do so. That is, if you do not submit your application, your invitation will expire, and it cannot be extended. It is therefore advisable to prepare all your documents when you submit your EOI.
Contact us at Tanson Migration to learn more.
Check out our latest updates
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 11 June 2020
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 25 May 2020
- Updated COVID-19 changes to support international students
- Significant Investor Visa (SIV) Statistics February 2020
- English Language for Australian Migration – Explained
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 11 April 2020