For Australian Skilled Migration and Business Migration, it is a requirement to submit and Expression Of Interest (EOI) using the SkillSelect system, that is, you cannot apply for the visas directly. Instead, you must show your interest by submitting your EOI. SkillSelect is a three-stage process:
- You submit your details including qualifications, employment experience, English language ability and other information in your EOI
- You wait for invitation
- Once you receive an invitation, you can then make a visa application
Once you have successfully submitted your EOI, you then wait for invitation to apply for your visa. It is important you can get high points as this affects how long this wait will be. The method to calculate your points differ if you are applying for skill migration or business migration. But, both will give you points depending on different categories.
Categories for Skilled Migration
- English Language
- Skilled Employment Experience (overseas and Australia)
- Professional Year
- Education Qualifications
- Australian Study Requirement
- Specialist Education Qualification
- Credentialed Community Language
- Study in Regional Australia
- Partner Skills
- State / Territory Nomination
- Designated Area Sponsorship
Categories for Business & Investor
- English Language
- Educational Qualifications
- Financial Assets
- Business Turnover
- Business Experience (for Business Innovation Stream only)
- Investor Experience (for Investor Stream only)
- Business Innovation Qualifications
- Special Endorsement
Based on the information provided, SkillSelect will calculate how many points you have, and you must have at least 65 points to be able to successfully submit your EOI.
Your EOI data is kept in the system for 2 years, therefore, if you do not receive an invitation within this time, your record will be deleted. However, you can submit a new EOI. Luckily, submitting an EOI attracts no fees.
Once you do receive an invitation to apply for your visa, you have 60 days to do so. That is, if you do not submit your application, your invitation will expire, and it cannot be extended. It is therefore advisable to prepare all your documents when you submit your EOI.
Contact us at Tanson Migration to learn more.
SEND US A MESSAGE
Check out our latest updates
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 21 January 2021Invitations Issued this month Visa SubclassNumberSkilled Independent visa (subclass 189)200Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored163 Invitation Process and Cut Offs Visa SubclassMinimum Points ScoreLatest Date of EffectSkilled Independent visa (subclass 189)65Apr 2020Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored)65Nov 2020 Top 5 Occupations receiving invitations this month RankingOccupationInvitations1Registered Nurses1272Other […]
- ACT State Nomination Now OpenOn 11 January, 2021, the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) government has opened their 2021 Skilled Migration Program. There are NO changes to the eligibility criteria for the ACT State nomination and the Matric scoring criteria. The ACT has been allocated the following number of State nomination places for the 2020-21 migration year: 702 places for […]
- WA State Nomination Resumes in January 2021On 4 January, 2021, Western Australia has announced that their State Nomination will resume in January, 2021. They have also announced that there will be some changes to the nomination criteria which will be inline with the State health and economic recovery priorities. You can find more information on the WA Recovery Plan Initiatives. Following […]