|Basic Criteria||Minimum Requirements|
|Health||Have an acceptable standard of health|
|Character||Be of good character|
|English||IELTS Academic or General overall score of 6.5 or more, or equivalent scores from other approved tests (please see below)|
|Age||55 years old or under|
|Points||Have a minimum points score of 100 (check the points table here)|
|EOI||Have successfully submitted your EOI and be selected to apply for the visa|
|English Tests||Minimum Requirements|
|IELTS Academic or General||overall score of 6.5 or more|
|TOEFL iBT||overall score of 79 or more|
|PTE Academic||overall score of 58 or more|
|B2 First or B2 First for Schools||overall score of 176 or more|
|OET||Grade B or higher in all four skills (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)|
English proficiency can also be demonstrated by meeting the following standards:
- citizenship of Canada, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America, provided the applicant has spent at least five years in work or education in one or more of those countries or Australia or New Zealand; or
- a recognised qualification comparable to a New Zealand level 7 bachelor’s degree and gained in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America as a result of study undertaken for at least two academic years in one or more of those countries; or
- a recognised qualification comparable to a New Zealand qualification at level 8 or above and gained in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America as a result of study undertaken for at least one academic year in one or more of those countries.
Please note that non-principal applicants who do not meet the English requirements above can choose to pre-purchase ESOL tuition by paying the required charges of between NZ$1,735 and NZ$6,795 depending on the level of English. Please contact Tanson Migration for further details.
Our New Zealand migration team has four licensed immigration advisers (IAA license numbers: 201600570, 201800837, 202000609, 202000561) and can help you with your New Zealand Skilled Migrant Resident Visas, or any other New Zealand visas. Please contact us at Tanson Migration to learn more.
Start today – take the free initial assessment.
Check out our latest updates
- Australia Migration Program 2020-21
- Travel Exemption Approvals during COVID19
- State Nomination for 188 & 132 visa re-open for Victoria
- Subclass 188 visa holders added to the inbound travel exemption
- Announcement of new Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL)
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 11 August 2020