- Requires invitation to apply for the visa
- Be less than 45 years old
- Has competent English
- Has at least 65 points for the Express Of Interest
- Nominates a skilled occupation
- Has a success skills assessment
- Requires nomination from State or Territory
- For offshore applicants, first entry must be made before the date specified by the Minister
Did you Know?
- Each State and Territory have their own State occupation lists which you must refer to
- Only occupations from the MLTSSL and STSOL occupation lists are available for this visa
- The 2020-21 Migration program planning level for State/Territory Nominated is 11,200
|Stay||This is a permanent visa|
|Cost||AUD4,045 for primary applicant
AUD2,020 for additional applicant over 18 years
AUD1,015 for additional applicant under 18 years
If applicant does not have at least Functional English, they are required to pay the second instalment charge as follows:
AUD4,885 for any applicant over 18
|Processing Time||75% of applications: 10 months
90% of applications: 13 months
You and your family members may be required to take a health examinations to meet the health requirement to show that you are free from any disease or condition that is:
- a significant healthcare and community service cost to the Australian community
- likely to limit the access of Australian citizens and permanent residents to healthcare and community services that are in short supply by placing demand on those services.
Your health examination will include the standard medical examination. Additional tests (such as TB Screen test, chest x-ray, and HIV test) will be required by different age groups. In some circumstances, you may be required to take additional tests such as: hepatitis B and C test, syphilis test, HIV test, and tests that address your specific health risks.
You must be of good character and pass the character test. There are a number of circumstances where you may not pass the character test. For example, if you have a substantial criminal record. A substantial criminal record means if you have been:
- sentenced to death or imprisonment for life
- sentenced to a term of imprisonment of 12 months or more
- sentenced to two or more terms of imprisonment (even if served concurrently) where the total is 12 months or more
- found by a court to not be fit to plead in relation to an offence but found to have committed the offence and detained in a facility or institution
You may be required to obtain one or more documents to prove your character, such as: a police certificate, Form 80, character statutory declaration, military certificate, or a letter of good conduct from an employer.
Start today – take the free initial assessment.
Check out our latest updates
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 21 October 2020
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 11 September 2020
- Australia Migration Program 2020-21
- Travel Exemption Approvals during COVID19
- State Nomination for 188 & 132 visa re-open for Victoria
- Subclass 188 visa holders added to the inbound travel exemption