Who is Skilled Nominated 190 Visa suitable for?
Skilled Nominated 190 visa is suitable for applicants who may not be able to obtain high enough points for the 189 Skilled Independent visa and they do not mind working and living in the nominated State.
There are a few key benefits of a Skilled Nominated 190 visa. Similarly to the 189 visa, this is a permanent resident (PR) visa. You will get 5 additional points from the nominated State to improve on your EOI score. Also, a lot more occupations will be eligible for this visa with the inclusion of the STSOL occupation list.
190 Main Eligibility
- Requires invitation to apply for the visa
- Be less than 45 years old
- Has competent English
- Has at least 65 points for the Express Of Interest
- Nominates a skilled occupation
- Has a success skills assessment
- Requires nomination from State or Territory
190 Main Conditions
- For offshore applicants, first entry must be made before the date specified by the Minister
Did you know for 190?
- Each State and Territory have their own State occupation lists which you must refer to
- Only occupations from the MLTSSL and STSOL occupation lists are available for this visa
- The 2020-21 Migration program planning level for State/Territory Nominated is 11,200
190 Skilled Nominated Visa Additional Information
|Stay||This is a permanent visa|
|Cost||AUD4,640 for primary applicant
AUD2,320 for additional applicant over 18 years
AUD1,160 for additional applicant under 18 years
If applicant does not have at least Functional English, they are required to pay the second instalment charge as follows:
AUD4,885 for any applicant over 18
|Processing Time||25% of applications: 87 days
50% of applications: 7 months
75% of applications: 18 months
90% of applications: 36 months
You and your family members may be required to take a health examinations to meet the health requirement to show that you are free from any disease or condition that is:
- a significant healthcare and community service cost to the Australian community
- likely to limit the access of Australian citizens and permanent residents to healthcare and community services that are in short supply by placing demand on those services.
Your health examination will include the standard medical examination. Additional tests (such as TB Screen test, chest x-ray, and HIV test) will be required by different age groups. In some circumstances, you may be required to take additional tests such as: hepatitis B and C test, syphilis test, HIV test, and tests that address your specific health risks.
You must be of good character and pass the character test. There are a number of circumstances where you may not pass the character test. For example, if you have a substantial criminal record. A substantial criminal record means if you have been:
- sentenced to death or imprisonment for life
- sentenced to a term of imprisonment of 12 months or more
- sentenced to two or more terms of imprisonment (even if served concurrently) where the total is 12 months or more
- found by a court to not be fit to plead in relation to an offence but found to have committed the offence and detained in a facility or institution
You may be required to obtain one or more documents to prove your character, such as: a police certificate, Form 80, character statutory declaration, military certificate, or a letter of good conduct from an employer.
Central, Hong Kong
SEND US A MESSAGE
Check out our latest updates
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 6 October 2022Invitations Issued this month Visa SubclassNumberSkilled Independent visa (subclass 189)11,714Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored818 Invitation Process and Cut Offs Visa SubclassMinimum Points ScoreLatest Date of EffectSkilled Independent visa (subclass 189)6510/2022Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored)6510/2022 Occupations included in this month’s invitation round * Results could indicate […]
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 22 August 2022Invitations Issued this month Visa Subclass Number Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) 12,200 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored 466 Invitation Process and Cut Offs Visa Subclass Minimum Points Score Latest Date of Effect Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) 65 08/2022 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored) […]
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 21 April 2022Invitations Issued this month Visa Subclass Number Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) 1000 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored 500 Invitation Process and Cut Offs Visa Subclass Minimum Points Score Latest Date of Effect Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) 85 05/2020 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Family Sponsored) […]