- You must be an Australia permanent resident, or Australian citizen but has subsequently lost or renounced Australian citizenship, or a former Australian permanent resident
- If you have lived in Australia as a permanent resident for at least 2 years in the last 5 years, you may be granted a 5 year RRV
- If you have lived in Australia as a permanent resident for less than 2 years in the last 5 years, you maybe granted a 1 year RRV, but you must show substantial ties
- If you have been absent from Australia for 5 years or more, you must have compelling reasons for your absence
Did you know?
- You can demonstrate substantial ties in a number of areas including: business, cultural, employment and personal ties with Australia which are of benefit to Australia
- If you have been absent from Australia for 5 years or more, the longer time you have been absent, the more difficult it is to demonstrate compelling reasons for your absence
Start today – take the free initial assessment.
Check out our latest updates
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 11 June 2020
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 25 May 2020
- Updated COVID-19 changes to support international students
- Significant Investor Visa (SIV) Statistics February 2020
- English Language for Australian Migration – Explained
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 11 April 2020