You may need to meet English language requirements for certain visas and when submitting your Expression Of Interest for points-tested visas. You can see below the IELTS tests scores you need to meet the different levels of English proficiency. Please note that you can demonstrate English proficiency with other major English exams as well.
- Functional English – Average band score of at least 4.5 for each of the 4 test components
- Vocational English – At least 5 for each of the 4 test components
- Competent English – At least 6 for each of the 4 test components
- Proficient English – At least 7 for each of the 4 test components
- Superior English – At least 8 for each of the 4 test components
For Functional English, in addition an English test, you can also demonstrate by other means. One of which is if you have completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate in an institution in or outside Australia that required at least two years of full-time study and all instructions were in English.
You may also need to meet English requirement in other areas as well, including skills assessment for some assessing authorities. For example, if you are an Occupational Therapist, your assessing authority will require you to have Proficient English as a requirement for a successful skills assessment.
To learn more, contact us at Tanson Migration. Ensure to Like, Follow, and Share our Facebook page where we post useful information regularly.
T: +852 9712 9015
You can also find this post in our Facebook page here.