There are a number of important recent updates for Australia migration. Please click on the relevant links for further information and return to our website again for more migration updates.
1. Summary of changes from 1 July 2021
There are a number of important changes for the new 2021-22 migration year. The Department of Home Affairs has published a detail list of changes in a PDF file on their website here. Some of the key changes you may find of interest include the following:
|188A Business Innovation||– Minimum net assets increased from AUD800,000 to AUD1,250,000|
– Annual business turnover increased from AUD500,000 to AUD750,000
|188B Investor||– Investment in Australia increased from AUD1,500,000 to AUD2,500,000|
– Investment type changed from Designated Investment to Complying Investement. Refer to 188C below for more detail.
|188C Significant Investor||Composition of Complying Investments have changed to the following breakdown:|
> 20% in Venture Capital
> 30% in Emerging Businesses
> upto 50% in balancing investments
|188D Premium Investor||– This visa is now closed|
|188E Entrepreneur||– The AUD200,000 funding agreement is no longer required|
– State or Territory government endorsement is now required
|132 Business Talent||– This visa is now closed|
|Business Innovation and Investment Points Test||– To gain Investor experience points, the cut-off increased from AUD100,000 to AUD250,000|
– To gain Financial asset points, the cut-offs have increased as follows:
> AUD800,000 to AUD1,250,000
> AUD1,300,000 to AUD1,750,000
> AUD2,250,000 to AUD2,750,000
– To gain Business turnover points, the cut-offs have increased as follows:
> AUD500,000 to AUD750,000
> AUD1,000,000 to AUD1,250,000
> AUD1,500,000 to AUD1,750,000
> AUD2,000,000 to AUD2,250,000
2. Visa processing times updated on 19 July 2021
The Department has published their latest visa processing times for the month of June 2021. Please visit our webpage here for the latest processing times.
3. South Australia State nomination opened on 20 July 2021
The South Australia State nomination for Skill visas and Business & Innovation visas has opened on 20 July 2021. You can find out more about the South Australia nomination requirements at their website here. Please visit our webpage here for the status of all States and Territories.
4. Western Australia Nomination requirements and expanded occupation list for General stream
On 5 July 2021, the Western Australian government has released information about their new State nomination requirements and their expanded occupation list for General stream. You can find more information on their website here.
5. Canberra Matrix invitation round on 21 July 2021
A new invitation round for Canberra took place on 21 July 2021. You can find more about their invitation round on their website here.
|Matrix nominating Small Business Owners||190 nominations: 0 invitations|
190 minimum Matrix score: 0
491 nominations: 2 invitations
491 minimum Matrix score: 65
|Matrix nominating 457 / 482 visa holders||190 nomination: 2 invitations|
491 nomination: 0 invitations
|Matrix nominating Critical Skill Occupations||190 nomination: 30 invitations|
190 minimum Matrix score: 90
491 nomination:171 invitations
491 minimum Matrix score: 65