The New South Wales government has updated their Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa nomination process. You will now be required to first register your interest in NSW nomination to be considered. The announcement also provides the steps in this new process as follows:
- Ensure you are eligible for the Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491)
- Confirm you meet the criteria under a NSW nomination stream
- Complete an EOI in SkillSelect
- Register your interest during a submission window
- Be invited to apply
- Apply to an RDA office where your skills are required within 14 days
To register your interest, simply complete our online form during a ‘submission window’ to register you interest in NSW nomination.
Submission windows for the 2021-22 financial year are the months of August, October, January, and March.
NSW will select and invite candidates to apply to a Regional Development Australia (RDA) office during a submission window and up to seven days after a submission window closes.
There are three nomination streams this financial year:
- Stream 1 — I am living and working in Regional NSW
- Stream 2 — I have recently completed study in Regional NSW
- Stream 3 — I am skilled in an occupation required in Regional NSW
Preference is given to migrants registering their interest under stream 1.
Be sure to check our other webpages below for important information on Skilled visas.
- You can check your occupation on the relevant occupation list here.
- Find out if the State nomination is open or closed here.
Source: nsw.gov.au website