The Australian Government has recently released data relating to the number of approvals granted to travel exemption requests for both inward and outward travel (i.e. to and from Australia). Between the period of 20th March, 2020 and 20th August, 2020, there were 15,801 inwards and 36,426 outwards exemption requests approved. The pie chart below shows the breakdown by percentages. Please note the totals below do not cover those that were otherwise finalized, including those withdrawn, automatically exempt, or that did not meet the threshold for consideration by a delegate.
In addition, the bar chart below shows the inwards exemption requests approved between 1 and 20 August, 2020. It is broken-down into the top 10 passport nationalities.
Source: Department of Home Affairs
Start today – take the free initial assessment.
Check out our latest updates
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 21 October 2020
- SkillSelect Invitation Rounds – 11 September 2020
- Australia Migration Program 2020-21
- Travel Exemption Approvals during COVID19
- State Nomination for 188 & 132 visa re-open for Victoria
- Subclass 188 visa holders added to the inbound travel exemption